Instructor of Database and Data Analytics (BMGT402 - undergraduate senior level, Spring 2016 and 2015)
- Information System major and Business Analytics minor (Class size: 35)
- Course outline: Data base introduction; SQL queries; E-R model; Data mining; Data warehouse; Frontier of big data
- Course evaluation: 4.5/5.0 (Spring 2016) & 4.1/5.0 (Spring 2015)
Yang has hybrid education background on both computer engineering and management information system, and four years' working experience in complex IT solutions. She also has two semester teaching experience in database and data analytics. She is very interested in teaching various Information System courses, such as
- Database and data analytics
- Business programming (Python, Java, C/C++, spreadsheet VBA)
- Information systems infrastructure
- Project management
"She was really responsive to student feedback, and was easily accessible if we wanted to meet to discuss a question or grade. I learned a lot from this course, and actually got a job in which I will be doing a lot of SQL coding so this was really helpful."
"Yang was a good professor who is clearly excited and passionate about the subject matter. Grades were assigned fairly and expectations were communicated clearly."
"Yang was very friendly and approachable. She made the class more enjoyable than I had expected it to be."
"The course content in and of itself really isn't that interesting, but I thought that the professor did a really good job making it as clear as possible. The professor really cared whether or not we actually learned something in the class, which was really nice. She was very flexible with meeting times during our course projects, etc. Everything was also VERY organized and that was awesome."